Pasting data from Calc into an online forum ruins the formatting - What can I do?

I just tried copypasting from OpenOffice and it didnt work either. Waiting for the admins’ reply now if something about that forum changed. If they say “no”, I’m out of ideas …

Brilliant. 20 comments back and forth just to discover that old bloody OpenOffice (contrary than told before) doesn’t do it either.

You might also have a broken clipboard “manager” on your system that likes to garble clipboard formats and/or content.

1 Like

Hello @Myller,
Try to add borders to the cells before you copy them. This had helped me while pasting in some web-mail sites.
EDIT: Don’t work. See comments below.

How would I find out about such broken clipboard manager and how fix it? I’m using Windows 11.

Hey, thx for the idea. But could you write the full step by step process of doing that? I did add “some” border, but it didn’t work. Wondering whether you did something differently. thx

Fwiw, I saw other users post tables in that forum just fine today. Wrote them a PM, no answer yet. But maybe it’s not the forum software after all.

Maybe paste into Writer and then copy the Writer table into the on-screen editor

Sorry I didn’t tested it yesterday: there must be some improvement (not sure if in LibreOffice or in the web-mail site).

imagen
You can see that, now, both cases (with and without borders) are shown fine.