Pasting from other programs only paste last copy made in Libre Office

I copy (eg a diagram A) in Libre Office, and then go to another program.
There I copy a diagram B. I check that it will copy to another application.
Return to LibreOffice. Paste now only pastes the diagram A, not B
A workround is to open the doc in OpenOffice, paste into that and return to LO.

Better workround. 1 Save the LO document. 2 Get out of all LO. 3 Restart LO with target doc. 4 You can now paste Diagram B into the LO document. I haven’t tested whether its essential to exit ALL LO, eg Help

Turn off your clipboard manager.

1 Like

gnome ? menu ? shortcuts ?

Thank you for your replies
EarnestAl What clipboard manager? I’m in Windows 7 but can find no means of looking at or controlling the clipboard. But I’ve just read of a possible workround - if I can find an XP computer to copy a program called clipbrd from.

fpy - Sorry, I don’t understand - but I think you are assuming I’m in Linux - I should have made it clearer. Thanks for trying to help

This seems to be a presist bug in LO (it was also present in OO)
So strange that it is still not fixed.
To trigger it copy-paste something from a webpage, then copy-paste something within the sheet and then try to copy something from the webpage again, it will keep pasting the last item you copied from within OO.
The only workaround so far for me is to open the windows clipboard (WIN+v) and clear it. This will allow you again to copy from outside OO.

Further comment. This is a major bug for me.
Copy and instant paste eg Ctrl-C / change app /ctrl-V to another app is one of the most powerful computer facilities. Without it, all entry to LibreOffice is hobbled. We need to be able to copy and paste from ANY source immediately, without any intermediate hunting through a folder. We need this sorting.
Fine to have the facility to choose - but many cannot

reference ?
tdf#148647 was mentionned here : Why can't LO paste text from other sources

Please feel free to attach your findings to the bug report about this:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=62196
It seems to be there forever.
Let’s hope it helps

I occasionally had this issue on my previous computer. Looking at tdf#148647 I now assume it was due to the YouTube downloader I had installed which works by intercepting the clipboard. I don’t have such a program on my current computer and haven’t experienced the issue on it.