Pasting image breaks all text formatting

… cont’d from previous.
…paragraph and, with the user able to resize the image to fit the page without it sitting on top of the text, but Wrapped in the standard way, text above, text to the right of the image, text below the image, etc.This is not possible. Instead it is necessary to right click on every image and resize it to fit. This then leaves huge spaces after the images as the text does not continue until the next page (or the image demands to be inserted on the next page). Moving the image does not move the anchor, so you are required to take bits of text and paste them in by trial and error until the rest of the page if filled and the image can be made to appear at the top of the next page. Laborious incredibly time consuming, and yet there is no other way. The suggestions above are helpful if you want to spend hours saving every photograph or image from the magazine or publication and then insert them, one by one, then add captions, etc.

But I just don’t believe people work that way with a word processor. Perhaps technical writing, or creating forms as documents for interchangeable personnel documentation, or filing information. But essay creation and expository types of writing (e.g. academic writing) is different and requires a tool made for writing.
Not every document we create is an original piece of writing. A word processor is a miraculous means to collect articles and stories and make use of them. Writer is immensely inflexible. I’ve used it now for long enough to understand its “styles” based formatting somewhat, but absolutely no one who writes or adds quotes to an academic text etc thinks of her own writing as a grouping of “text styles” or other “formatting styles”. It’s writing in language, for communication. Organized by ideas, by sections and themes. Writer really bullies the user and makes “natural use” nearly impossible. It’s really a shame. I guess I don’t understand why its developers resist this.

@bwp123 you do know that we are all users here, not developers? Cheers, Al

What helped me back then was to just right click on the image you paste, and then select Wrap => Wrap off.