Porting database to 5.3

OK, Learning! I had tried upper/lower but not the quotes on lower. All is now working. I want to thank you again very much for your patience with me on this. I understand things much better now and hopefully this exercise will help others. I have a last question for now but I think it should be another thread. It might have a long answer! If I wanted to convert to MySQL how would I do that assuming my preference Ubuntu. What wrapper program would I use?

@dsc3507 We all learned these things through experience and yours was another. If, as you say, all is working, please mark this as a correct answer (click on checkmark symbol upper left corner of my answer).

As far as MySQL, yes a new question would be preferable as it is really a new topic. Also, before asking the question, please look at Chapter 2 - Creating a DB in docs - click here.

While online help is great my old school prefers a printed book. Do you have any recommendations for that?

These are PDF files which you can download and print if you like. There is also a link at the bottom of the section on where to purchase a printed copy but I don’t believe there is a v5 printed copy available yet.

The answer to this question is in all the comments and the kind help from “ratslinger” getting me through all the machinations of getting an embedded DB split and running. I hope this helps others in the same situation.