Presentation by remote is not enabled in Impress.

I’m getting a problem in Impress, I need to enable the presentation features so I can control a slide show from my phone, an Android A21s running version 12.

Although I’ve updated LibreOffice to ver 24.8.0. and followed the advice how to install presentation if its not present, ie to follow:

Open Tools ▸ Options, go to the panel LibreOffice Impress ▸ General. > enable remote control.

I find no presentation options are available; all the the other options are available ( ie. new documents, text objects, settings and compatability ), but no presentation.

Nor can I find where an extension might be to upload, as the Guide suggests can be done.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,
TIA,
N

1 Like

Do you have the application for your phone?

LibreOffice Impress Remote

1 Like

Yes, Ive downloaded the Android app to my phone OK.
The problem lies in my laptop (Win10). I have checked .pptx files are enabled.

Did you follow the link to the wiki on the page that @robleyd linked to?
That is this one, Impress Remote - The Document Foundation Wiki it might help with setting up Remote to work properly

I also have this issue, the checkboxes to enable the remote are simply not present. We just updated to 24.8 today. In fact, the entire section for presentation as shown in the help guides is not found on our system.

I have the same issue with LibreOffice 24.2.5.2 on Kubuntu 24.04 and with LibreOffice 24.8 on W$10pro. The checkboxes related to “Impress Remote” are missing.
It is very anoying :frowning:
Edit : I have opened a bug track on bugzilla :wink:

Edit: bug is tdf#163132 [robleyd]

The location of checkboxes has moved. Now you have to go to Slide Menu/Settings slide (I am not sure about the translation, my version is in French). In this setting you have now the 2 chekboxes related to Impress Remote. It works for me even if I got some difficulties to connect (other display bug)