Print page layout orientation not working

This setting is set to automatic, but Writer prints all pages of a document with tables as either landscape or portrait rather than changing based on the content of the page. The document was edited in Word and printed from LO. LO is version 24.2.5.2. Save format is DOCX, OS is Windows 10. I can’t provide the document as it is confidential.

What do you mean? Please, elaborate more so that we can understand what you’re talking about. You probably expect something; tell us about it with a clear “specification”. Describe how you implemented it in Writer (what you did) and what you got. Attach a sample file for us to check your assumptions and find where you failed.

Don’t forget to mention OS name, LO version and save format. An idea about your formatting skills is also helpful.

Topics on this site are editable because this is not a forum but a Question & Answers site. Don’t start a discussion which would force contributors to scroll down to grasp the basis of the issue; keep everything at a single location at this stage.

To reopen and edit: click on below your question, then on the “pencil” icon.

I have updated my initial post.

Can you create a reduced non-confidential sample file? Be aware that an edited DOCX document may be damaged by repetitive conversions beyond a manageable state.

I can do that but may not have a chance to get to it for a while.