Print subdocument on new page in Master document

Using Version: 5.4.7.2 portable on Windows 10, I have a Master.odm with many sub-x.odt documents where each -x is a different chapter. Each chapter has a title using “Heading 2”. Currently a new chapter will begin on the same page as the last of the prior one.

What must be done to see, and print each chapter (sub-x.odt) on a new page?

Thank you.
(I revirted to 5.4.7.2 portable because I have problems with 7.2 and Base)

You only need to modify Heading 2 to cause a page break. The setting is in Heading 2 Text Flow tab.

However, CAVEAT EMPTOR! You print from the master document. Consequently, style definitions in the master are used. You must thus customise the master Heading 2, not the sub-doc Heading 2 (though it is always preferable to maintain styles in sync).

The ideal case occurs when master and subdocs are all based on the same template. Then modify the style in the template and restart.

A last word of caution: as always, tuning the styles will work only if you didn’t ruin your document with direct formatting as direct formatting takes precedence over styles. With master + subdocs, the only safe and reliable way to format is to proceed with styles ONLY. You won’t waste your time looking for the cause of weird mishaps.

2 Likes

Thank you for your fast and excellent answer.
It WORKS!