Printing blank pages

Shows blank pages in preview also, have tried to several printers. Same happening on another Mac also.

Mac OSX 12.2 LibreOffice 7.3.0.3

I have deleted the folder in ~Library as a trouble shoot, did not help.

Suggestions?

Bug tdf#146842 . Skia will be disabled by default in version 7.3.1.
In the meantime you can disable Skia in LibreOffice > Preferences > LibreOffice > View and under Graphics Output untick Use Skia for all rendering or similar.

1 Like

Thank you, that worked perfectly!

Hi, I just upgraded to a new mac, and I’m now running MacOS Monterey version 12.6. I’ve now tried Libre Office 7.3.6 and 7.4.2 and I have the same problem: pages on my Canon laser printer are blank. (I’ve been using this printer with Libre Office on my old computer running Catalina for at least a year now with no problems.)

I tried disabling Skia; however, it with was already turned off when I went to check it in LibreOffice > Preferences > LibreOffice > View. I have tried printing PDFs from Adobe Acrobat using the new computer and operating system, and it worked with no problem. I can tell Libre Office to save the output as a PDF, and all the text appears in the the PDF. The Print Preview functions works fine.

If you have any other thoughts about what to try, I’d be most appreciative. Thanks, Steve

Hi again, I’ve just solved my own problem. I needed to install a new printer driver from Canon to get it to work properly on MacOS 12.6. I also saw a suggestion that I reset the printer system in System Preferences → Printers & Scanners. I did that, downloaded the new printer driver, installed it, and now Libre Writer works. I also had to download new drivers for my Epson photo printer. Monterey seems to require new printer drivers.

Thanks, Steve