Printing page orientation wrong in OS X

I have checked every single setting I could find in any menu for Libre Office Vanilla, including print options and print preview and page orientation and view settings, etc. Even when setting the print options to print portrait, it does not matter. Nothing helps. Print preview shows normal portrait, but print jobs from LibreOffice Vanilla on my late 2015 iMac (running OS X Sierra 10.12.3) insist on printing landscape. The only way to get a job to print correctly has been to convert to PDF, open the PDF in Adobe, then print from there. This is not a long-term solution, as PDF’s cannot be edited, so any changes have to made in LO and then re-converted to PDF before opening in Adobe and printing again! This adds more steps to my jobs, and doesn’t not always maintain my formatting. This was never an issue on my 2012 MacBook Pro, but is now the norm on my late 2015 iMac. I know I am not the only user reporting this issue. I would be immensely grateful if my query were to propel assistance with this! I think it may be something other than a user settings problem. Thank you!

I also have this same problem and only since I upgraded to version 5.4.2. The previous version 5.0.x did not have this issue. I run Sierra 10.12.4 on a late 2010 macbook pro.

Definitely something wrong with LibreOffice and printing. I installed the fresh version, still the same. Tried the version from the Apple app store. I did remove all the files in application support folder, and the application(s) themselves. Removed all the versions and the app support and installed the stable 5.3 version from the website. Still the same effect. New documents are also affected.

Me too! Maddening! Base doesn’t work at all either. I have a 100 page database that Is now useless. I’ve submitted bug reports but they don’t seem to agree with bugzilla.

Using Sierra 10.12.6 with stable version 5.3.5.2. We have multiple clients with the same issue after upgrade.

Have you solve this issue ? I am having the same problem. Last time with one iMac now with several after LO upgrade. Last time I solve this resetting printing settings. But now it doesn´t seem to work.

I’m another one—using Mac Sierra. Happened only after upgrade to 5.3.1. and Yes, the Page Format is set correctly. Happens ONLY in Letter size, Does NOT happen in A4 nor Legal sizes, which is a workaround but not a solution. Is LO working non this?

I have this same problem. I did not have this problem until I upgraded to Sierra 10.12.6 and LibreOffice 5.3.6.1. Since I did both upgrades at about the same time I’m not sure which one to blame. My work around has been to save my documents with the doc extension and then open them with OpenOffice and print from there.

The problem seems to occur only when the paper size is set to “letter” which is 8.5 x 11.0. If you manually set the paper size to 8.5 x 10.98 it will work ok.

Same problem for me with 5.4.1 on Mavericks. I tried downgrading to “stable” version (5.3.6), trashing prefs, resetting printing system all to no avail. As a workaround I downloaded the last version prior to 5.3 from here and it works correctly:

https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/5.2.7.2/mac/

Can someone from LO chime in here?

I’m experiencing this same problem.

I was having this same issue, but I resolved it using the workaround in this answer:
Libreoffice 5.4.0 writer portrait document prints as landscape.

This problem seems to have appeared sometime in version 5 in 2017, and to be fixed in LibreOffice 5.4.4, and LibreOffice 6.0.0. Upgrade your copy of LibreOffice to these versions or later to avoid the bug. More information in issue tdf#92190.

List of questions which seem to be about this same problem: