Problem with Brochure printing on Mac

MacBook Pro (2020) running OS Sonoma 14.6.1
Epson XP-960 printer
LibreOffice 24.2.5.2

I have a Writer document consisting of four A5 portrait pages, and I wish to print it out as a brochure on two sides of an A4 sheet.
The printer is loaded with A4 paper
In the print dialog I selected double sided "On (Short Edge)
Under the LibreOffice heading I selected “Brochure”
Under the Paper Handling heading I toggled “Scale to Fit to Paper Size” to ‘On’, selected the “Destination Paper Size” to be “A4 Borderless”, and made sure that “Scale Down Only” was not selected.

However, when I print the document it comes out as an A5 size printout in the middle of an A4 sheet. How can I get it to print out correctly?

Can that help?

Printing a Brochure

Unfortunately not, because the advice relates to print dialogs in Windows, and Mac print dialogs are different.

Are you using the macOS system Cups driver, or the printer brand’s own driver?

Does the printer driver support brochure printing from other apps?

If you can’t get it to work in Libre Office, you might wish to install psutils via homebrew and use the command line instead.

You are not the only one, so maybe using command-line as @iplaw67 suggested is the best idea…

It’s Epson’s own driver
Device Name: Epson_XP_960_Series_50C374_03
Driver Version: 3.0

Printing the same document as a brochure seems to be fine from NeoOffice 2022.7 (now discontinued) which is based on LibreOffice 4.4

It’s as if the scaling options in the Paper Handling pane in the Print dialog are not being carried through to the printer.

Also, if instead of printing the document straight from the print dialog I choose “Open in Preview” from the PDF dropdown menu at the bottom of the Print dialog, the document opens in its brochure layout correctly in Preview, and can be printed from there. For me that will be an easier workaround than installing psutils and getting into command line stuff.

Could you open a bug report please, with all the details you provided here and a test Odt file with which I could see if I could reproduce the issue, bearing in mind that I have different printers (networked HP Pagewide and a Kyocera laser), so my results might differ to yours? At least testing with 2 other printers might indicate whether the problem is more general, or only specific to your Epson driver and how LibreOffice picks up the driver capabilities.

With apologies for the delay, I have now submitted a Bug Report with attachment: 163126 – Brochure printing A5 pages to A4 paper doesn't scale correctly

Thanks James.
Unfortunately, I’m away from the office at the moment, but will try to reproduce on my return.