Problem with formulas and external datas

Hello,

I need to keep some datas updated so I use the function : “sheet > link to external datas” to retrieve and keep them up to date.
The problem is that I can’t use the received datas in any formulas. they appear just fine but it seems that they aren’t taken for account in anything I do. For example, in a formula, it shows no error but it act like the cell is empty.
See picture:

What could I do to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Julie

If you don’t set any explicit alignment at all, the default alignment causes cells to display

• numeric results/contents right aligned
  • textual results/contents left aligned.
    This is a very valuable feature.
    I personally only use explicit alignment Right for column headers in tables if the respective column is bound to contain numbers or formulae with assured numeric result.

Hello,
Your “numbers” seem to not be real numbers but in fact are text. I’m not 100% sure about your locale but it looks like to be “French” and I assume that French locale uses the same decimal delimiter as the German locale, which is a comma “,”. But yours have a “.” (dot) and thus are not recognized as numbers. See also the alignment of your “numbers”, which is to the left. And this in general is an indication of “text”, since real numbers are aligned to the right by default. Thus the answer to your question What could I do to solve this problem ? is:
Convert the text to numbers.

thank you so much! it was just that, I changed the default language for English and it works like a charm !

Please consider to click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer to indicate that your question has been correctly answered. Thanks in advance.