Problems printing page in writer.

I have the latest version of LO, using windows 10. When I try to print a new document in writer, although it looks normal on screen it keeps printing a line of strange characters at the very top of the page. I am using a canon mg 5350 printer. Never had this problem before I upgraded to latest version.

I’m having this problem also. Win10, canon pixma iP6700D, libreoffice 5.0.2.2.

I get the following set of characters top left of my print out but they are squished, on top of one another and unreadable (they are not visble on screen):

@ThiAU!jB"V#kCW$lDX%mEYn&FZoG’p[H(q\I)]Jr^Ks+,tLuM-`va.N/bwOcx0Pd1Qye2Rzf3S{g*

I was able to copy paste these characters because the problem also occurs when I print to PDF. Again suggests that it’s libre office. Problem also occurs with Calc

I am also having this problem with 5.0.2.2, with a Canon MG5620 printer, using Win10. Strange character strings printing, and also images fail to print. Problems only appeared after the LO upgrade.

Hi

I have also this problem. With Windows 10 and LibreOffice Writer 5.0.2 when I print a document there is a line with random characters at the top each page. This is not a printer problem because it happens with a Samsung ML-1640 and a HP C4400.

I have to downgrade to Libreoffice 5.0.1 to resolve the problem.

I haven’t tried this yet. I’m happy to stay on 5.0.2.2 and be a test guinea pig if devs are able to look into this and need someone to test any fixes.

Check for the presence of the OpenGL/OpenCL bug (see reply to Q64314). An easy fix if that is it.