Proper color/luminance representation in dak mode, single button (dark/light) toggle in menu bar

Dark theme in Libre is a great feature for greatly reducing eyestrain. However, it has some annoying quirks that are difficult to work around, making it borderline unusable (for me).

Display colors (application colors) can be problematic; I believe most should flip luminance when in dark mode, otherwise some elements of a document can be nearly or entirely impossible to see. Many do flip in dark mode, but some do not; listed below are but a few examples.

• Visited and unvisited links do not flip, and are way too dark, showing up as very dark blue over black: essentially unreadable.

• Tables by default have thin black borders which are apparent (and useful) in light mode, but this color also does not flip, so they are nearly impossible to see in dark mode.

• Background color fills do not flip, either ones set in Page Style, or locally set ones on individual sections.

• Some formatting marks are hard to see – try turning on a grid in dark mode . . .

I can see the documents with their correct colors if I go to the Print dialog, though I cannot zoom in this dialog. I can zoom in to see what’s going on better in Print Preview, but that of course is in dark mode, displaying the wrong colors.

I would love to have a toggle in the toolbar that can directly switch between display modes without having to change View and Application Colors in Options dialogs (and restart), but that probably wouldn’t be necessary if all the application colors that need to flip did, and print preview was just that, not a “dark mode” version.

Agreed these things ideally need some rework. I highly encourage you to submit a bug report at https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/

wich will probably not be checked without a bug-report AND some information wich system and versions you use…

Sorry, I seem to have dropped the first line, which was:
LibreOffice 24.2.4.2 X86_64, Windows 10

Further to the other two comments, this is not where you report bugs or enhancements, see How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

Sounds good. I posted here first, though, to help determine which parts of my comment are bug(s), and which parts are feature request. Flipping some colors in dark mode definitely (to my mind) crosses into “bug” territory, but some others some may deem not to be a bug, but more a feature request. I also wanted to see if others in the community shared my observation on this matter. If someone wants to help me turn my comments into actionable development points, I’d appreciate it, rather than my pushing out equally disposable comments as bugs.