Read-only Character in Writer?

I have a read-only character in a Writer document that I cannot do anything with … because it is read-only. If I highlight it and try to delete I get a pop-up window saying “Raed only content cannot be changed. No modifications will be accepted”. I have no idea how this character ended up in the doc. The best clue I can give is that I had a comment on this line at one stage during development of the document.

Do I understand it right: You have on 1 character which is read only?

@Kaz1 this can occur if a section is set as being protected, however you really need to provide more detail: your operating system, LO version, file format and a clearer example if possible.

I got an answer that solved the problem, but that for some reason is not recorded here. It suggested saving the file as .fodt, and opening it in a text editor. I tried that, and had no trouble deleting the single read-only character.

I don’t have the file to try Mahfiaz’s solution on, but I’d be amazed if it didn’t work too. I use that very technique often to get rid of other odd stuff (for instance, unwanted italics or bold) in text.

It looks like you must have asked it twice. :wink:

Cut whole paragraph, choose Edit → Paste as (or whatever it is for Ctrl+Shift+V), choose Unformatted text.