Remote save: File non-existent

Hi all,

Ever since I’ve updated to LibreOffice 6.2 I’ve been unable to save my work to my network shares. As I’m using these network shares for work, it’s rather vital for it to work. Whenever I try to write a new file to the SMB-share I get an error with “file non-existent”, regardless of using the built-in save dialogues or default system dialogues.

I’ve tried running LO through the terminal (Linux Mint 19.2) to determine the error message, which states:

(soffice:5806): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 11:21:59.013: g_object_get_data: assertion ‘G_IS_OBJECT (object)’ failed
Gtk-Message: 11:21:59.035: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.

How can I resolve this?

Note that the message displayed on the terminal is (should be) completely unrelated.

Make sure the libreoffice-gnome package is installed.

Thanks for your input. It’s installed. Made sure of it before posting here. Just re-installed it, still getting “file non-existent” followed by “General input/output error”

Having similar problem in 6.2.0.3. Cannot save to my Android tablet.

maybe same thing as this:

Probably tdf#123472, likely fixed in LibreOffice 6.2.4

NOT a solution, but a comment on the remedy that I am using – I am running Fedora Linux 29 and recently installed LibreOffice – Version: 6.1.6.3
Build ID: 6.1.6.3-3.fc29

Imagine my amazement when I was unable to natively open or save across samba shares … I cannot understand how to add a service “Windows Share” … I spent a good 20 minutes trying to crack the code, but no luck…

My current remedy is to open the network file with Dolphin (choosing “Open With” ) … do my edits etc, then save locally

I then use Dolphin to copy the file back to the network… Is anyone in LO community working on this ??? Maybe the Linux version of LO does not work with samba ??

If it’s not an answer but a comment then please don’t use Answer but add a comment instead. Thank you.

And have you actually read my answer pointing to the bug and that this might already have been fixed in version 6.2.4? Yes, also the Linux version works with Samba.