Report Header above page Header

Hi.
I’m trying to do a database with a single report with a Report Header (which only appears once with the report title) and a Page Report with the data labels (which repeat every page). The Report Header should be above the Page Header but it’s placed below.

DataBase_Example

Is there any way to fix it?
This behavior of base it’s a bug or I’m wrong?
Regards

Hello
Appears to be a bug. Can report here → https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/

ReportBuilder doesn’t know anything about different page templates. In Writer you could get a title-page without header and footer and following pages with header and footer in older versions of LO only with different page templates. And ReportBuilder has been created while LO doesn’t exist (OOo 3.0??).

Try the expected behavior with a group for the whole content. But you will get another old bug. If you set a group header as "repeated on every page (“Repeat Section”) you will get also a pagebreak before the group.

Regardless of how one may look at this, it is a bug in Report Builder. Either the Report Header section should be removed or it should be reversed with Page Header section (most logical).
Another solution is to use a different report generator. See Base Subreports via writer? - #15 by Ratslinger

Yesterday, I installed openoffice-bin from AUR with Oracle Report Builder and I came to same conclusion cause I found the same issue.
So. Should I report the bug?

I can try at home but not at work. I can´t install anything.
Thank you.
Regards.

That is the only way it will ever be fixed/changed.

Not surprising as this is the same report-builder wich was integrated to LibreOffice. Not much change there.

I made a little fix for the header issue using SQL.
basically I give each record a row number and from that calculate a group value.
the number of records per page will vary depending on the height of text boxes and headers, the first page will show fewer rows than subsequent pages due to the report header.
as an example I have added the table “tCalendar” which contains 365 records and 1 field “Date”.
the calendar report shows multiple pages which are needed in order to demonstrate compliance.
the page is portrait, 1st page shows 20 records, subsequent pages show 49 rows which I found to be the max for situ.
there are 2 queries one for each report and views are created from these queries in order to enable grouping in the reports.
because the report you uploaded has only 11 records I show 2 records on page 1 then 4 records in subsequent pages.
changing the values in the CASE struct will alter the output.
one downside is that any report footer will be shown on it’s own page.
all I am doing is showing the page header labels in the group header and forcing a new page in the group footer. this means that a page header can not be used.
Paint.odb (618.8 KB)