Restore Windows

Libreoffice quit with an error and now when I am opening any file it is showing Restore Windows with 2 buttons at the bottom i.e Don’t Restore Windows and Restore Windows.

None of the buttons is doing anything and I have even tried to reinstall Libreoffice but with no help.

I am using Libreoffice on a Macbook Air running OS X10.7.

Libreoffice is not even closing from the main status bar and I have to force close it every time

Duplicate of LibreOffice startup always asking reopen windows

There’s a workaround in → Bug 39007 - Persistent “Restore Windows” dialog won’t disappear, disables key functionality.

@Pranav.tnfpl: What LibreOffice version? LibO 3.5.0?

fdo#39007 is marked RESOLVED FIXED.

fdo#39007 – current status: NEW.

See also → LibreOffice startup always asking reopen windows - #4 by overdas

fdo#39007

LibreOffice 4.1.2

fdo#39007

Yikes! That’s no fun. Let’s see if we can’t get you fixed up.

Second things first: after we get your LibO install back up and running, if you are able to repeatedly recreate the issue (both LibO quitting with an error, and leaving you in an unusable state), then the best thing you can do for the community and the next user in your position is to report the bug.

First things second: The ham-handed approach would be to (re)move your LibO profile. While troubleshooting, this is generally the last thing you should do, but it also often the quickest route workaround for some bugs. Thus, for expediency, try renaming or moving your profile folder.

(If you have no settings you want saved, you could also just remove the folder. LibO will automatically regenerate it when launched.)