Right-click is not showing LibreOffice apps

Hello!

Version: 24.2.4.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community

Build ID: 51a6219feb6075d9a4c46691dcfe0cd9c4fff3c2

CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22631; UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win

Locale: it-IT (it_IT); UI: it-IT

Calc: threaded

I uninstalled Microsoft 365 and I would like to use only LibreOffice apps (I already assigned the default commands to open files only with those apps), but if I right-click on the desktop and click on “new”, there is only “Draw OpenDocument” and not Writer, for example.

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks!

I don’t even have that.

I strongly advise against this method of creating new documents.
If you open Writer in this way, for example, you will always be offered a fixed document template.
And you will certainly create a personal document template for yourself.
You will then never see it.

In Windows, you can place the individual component icons directly on the taskbar and start them from there.

108143 Taskleistenausschnitt

1 Like

Thanks for the answer! So if I open Writer via the taskbar it’s not going to be a fixed template?
But in general, why the apps are not appearing?

It looks like a problem of installation order: you installed LibreOffice, then you uninstalled MS Office; and that uninstallation broke associations (MS Office associates itself with ODT, ODS, ODP, but not ODG, hence you have the Draw entry unaffected, but others missing - broken). Now you can repair LibreOffice installation, to restore the entries.

No. Since version 7.5, we have tdf#139962 fixed. It is OK now to use the shell function - the newly created file (zero-byte) will open in LibreOffice using your current default template.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer! How can I repair LibreOffice installation?

1 Like

Thank you very much! I think I solved!
Right now, right-clicking on the desktop, I only see: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, but no Math or Base; is that normal?

Yes, AFAIK.
Math can be invoked separately and there are good reasons to do that, but it is usually called from within Writer.

I also see Impress

1 Like

Thanks! And what are the reason to not see Math, just to know?
Also, Base?

BTW saving files on the desktop isn’t the safest place. If you need to System Restore Windows to a day or two ago, the Desktop isn’t necessarily restored as it was today. Files saved in Documents folder are unaffected.

I don’t know why Math isn’t but I guessed that it is normally called from within Writer, just like Word.
It doesn’t make sense for Base, what database format are you going to use?

1 Like

Yes. As @EarnestAl mentioned, Math is not considered a really standalone application; there are files that Math can open / save, but they are not considered useful enough to warrant polluting system shortcuts.
And Base files are created using a wizard. Thus, even immediately after creation, they have some user-defined information (the database type, maybe connection string, username, the generated empty database itself in case of embedded database …). Try it. It is not meaningful to create completely empty Base file.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Right-click is not showing LibreOffice apps:

Thank you very much you all!