Save to Google Drive is not fixed

Even after updating my LO, saving/loading and even creating a google Drive service fails with “The specified device is invalid”, I have seen lots of posts regarding this error on many forums including here, and there doesn’t seem to be a fix. In fact, none of the common services such as FTP, or SSH work,I know this because I actually have a fully working file server running at my home and it’s been running, sharing files using both SSH and FTP for around 5 years, and being constantly updated, and altering my server configuration is NOT an option.

A manifestation of tdf#101630 ?

I don’t have 2FA enabled, which shouldn’t affect any other protocol such as SSH or FTP, and they don’t work either.

That bug also references:

tdf#149693

tdf#144379, in particular comment 4, and this explanation :slight_smile:

You can try gDriveOOo

I have to concur. I also posted on this topic and I just now retested the connection to see if it would work, getting the same error: “Specified device is invalid.” Suggestion 1) LO developers may want to reconsider presenting Google Drive as a “Type”, 2) or improve the error handling to be more specific on how the user is to proceed.

I also tested this feature using One Drive and got the same result. Maybe a 3rd suggestion would be to point to documented cases where the connection has succeeded. Maybe we can pick up some clues as to why our attempts fail.