scrolling in calc is slow in 5.4 on macos

After recent upgrade to 5.4 I’m struggling a bit with scrolling in Calc (under macOS) - it looks like it’s very laggy (I would describe it as very “sticky”).

Anyone else encountered same problem?

There is a (Scrollbars) - [META] Scrollbar-related bugs and enhancements.

Thanks, I’ve added comment there.

Yes, I’m having the same problem, way too slow and not usable. Please see my post at 123602. I believe it’s a bug. Rev 5.3 appears to be re-calculating all cells whenever you do page up/down scroll, insert rows, or paste content. You can see the refresh ripple top-down through the cells, slowing it down a lot. Does anyone know how do we sent comment to the developers?

Current version 5.4.3.2 still exhibits the issue.

I’ve noticed, that it’s more noticeable with scrolling down (i.e. trying to see cells with higher indexes), scrolling up seems to be working fine.

Have this exact same issue. Using a 2017 MBP and libreoffice 5.4.3.

Yes, after upgrading to :
Version: 5.4.0.3
Build ID: 7556cbc6811c9d992f4064ab9287069087d7f62c
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.2; UI render: GL;
Locale: en-US (en_US); Calc: group

Scrolling is unbearably slow. I’m going to have to temporarily try Open Office again.

DW

I can confirm that Libreoffice 5.7.3.2 also suffers from this problem. Scrolling up (toward the top of the page) is ok, but scrolling down (toward the bottom of the page) is ridiculously slow!! If you input a large scrolling motion Libreoffice responds somewhat good, but if you are doing small scrolling motion (which is more usual), scrolling down is almost non existent.

Note also that Openoffice 4.1.4 does NOT have this problem. This is my temporary solution until Libreoffice sorts this out.