Searching in Calc: search within values and comments at the same time, "all sheets" permanently without setting it again?

Please:

1/ Is there any possibility to search within values and comments at the same time? I know one can do both respectively and it is not excessively time consuming - the problem arises if you search regulary and often.

2/ Is there any way to set “all sheets” in search menu (“search and replace”) “permanently” — until I untick it?

3/ My “search bar” is fixed to the bottom of the page. Is there any way to arrange searching so that if I tip and search, my settings (f. e. “all sheets”) will aply — without opening “search and replace”?

Thank you.

Questions and suggestions on this topic are concentrated here.

Thank you. If someone else is interested in the issues, they are discussed here:

1/ Bug 161364 Add option to search not in either values or formulae but everywhere

2,3/

Bug 112270 - Find toolbar resets ‘Other options’ in the Find & Replace dialog

Bug 112271 - Configurable default values for ‘Other Settings’ in Find&Replace

Unfortunately, there is no solution up to now f I am right.

(I am not sure if I should mark the thread as solved, if it becomes clear that there is no solution which I would expect initially — probably yes.)

1 Like

Thank you, I am interested in this topic.
The Find menu can be customized via Menu / Tools / Customize / Toolbars; Target: Find. I think you can ask via Bugzilla to add controls from the Find and Replace menu: “All sheets”, “Entire cells”, “Wildcards”, …
Please provide the bug number here so that those who wish can support it.

Add ‘Search in all sheets’ option to Find toolbar [WONTFIX]

1 Like