Send to back and drawing over image not working

hi

when I insert image, send to back, draw say an arrow shape over image, all looks ok

save as odt, re-open, and no arrow over image?

need help, thanks

Can’t reproduce here (LO 7.2.3.2, Fedora Linux 35). Shape and image ordering remains as set after reopen. You didn’t mention your OS nor LO version.

However, it is usually a bad idea to “decorate” an image with shapes in Writer because they have no internal relationship towards each other. This means that any edit in your text may move the image (depending on anchor and position settings) and the shape (arrow) will not be affected. Thus the arrow will no longer designate what you want.

A better approach is to decorate your image in Draw and insert the resulting image in Writer so that you have a single object. When text causes image move, no change in the image + arrow occurs.

thanks for reply, is win 10, latest Libre Office version

Please give the LibreOffice version explicitly (4 digits). What’s “latest” can be seen differently.
The issue may also depend on the type of the image ,
Best attach a little example producing the issue for you as an .odt.

===

Can’t reproduce the problem under Win 10 with LibO 7.2.3.2, .jpg image from my photographs and an arrow from the shared LibO gallery (default save format .png).

version = 7.2.3.2 x64

if I dont click off the image with the shapes drawn over, with the arrow shape still selected, close save, re-open then it appears to be ok, can now see arrow (that I drawn) over the image.

odd…