Set Image Transparency

Hi,

In MS office (at least the older version), Word and Powerpoint, and a number of other office suites I have dabbled with, it is possible to select a point (i.e. colour) in an image to be the transparent colour. This enables an image to blend in with the background without the clipart having, say, a white square boarder over a nice green background. (Those who have used other office suites should know what I’m talking about.) However, I can’t figure out a way to do this in LO Impress (or Writer, for that matter). The images I’m importing are JPGs, but that doesn’t matter in the other suites. I don’t really want to have to convert my significant stack of JPG images to PNGs to do something that I would have thought should have been standard. Am I missing something? Is there a way to set the transparency colour, even if it’s just white?

Matt

Impress and Draw: Select the image, and choose Tools - Color Replacer.

See answer to similar question.

EDIT: In Writer you can use the Contour Editor (menú Format - Wrap - Edit Contour…). See LibreOffice Help on Contour Editor.

Tested with LibreOffice 7.0.6.2 (x86); OS: Windows 6.1.

Add Answer is reserved for solutions. If you think the answer is not satisfactory, add a comment below. Thanks.

Thanks. Seems to work, although it’s a bit more fiddly that MS.