Slow Version 5.4.1.2 LibreOffice Calc

21 Sept 2017: Using Windows 7-64 operating system (6 MBps RAM) on a Dell laptop. Downloaded an updated version (i.e. 5.4.1.2) to your immediately previous version, but since then cannot scroll quickly through the document vertically, as the program hesitates and hitches as I attempt to look through the accounting document. This slowness makes it impossible to work efficiently because the scrolling capability is simply too slow and places in the file cannot be located without a deal of searching because when the lines move slowly up or down this causes the data to be jerked in blocks vertically, which makes the program unusable for accounting purposes. The previous version moved everything rapidly without any slowness or hesitation whatsoever. Previously, I could place the mouse on the scroll bar and run up and down the ‘pages’ of data very quickly, but that is not possible with your latest version.

Can I replace the current version with the previous version? Where do I find previous versions? Also, with respect to your latest version, the add line symbol is missing from the toolbar, in that the line symbol pull-down has to be employed to find it and that is decidedly inefficient, and another reason for me to return to the previous version. Oddly, the delete symbol can be placed on the toolbar, but its opposite cannot be–Weird!

Please test changing OpenGL on Menu/Tools/Options/LibreOffice/View

I experience the same slowness with 5.3.6.1 x86. Calc is affected the most, even with simple sheets (300 rows, 5 cols). OpenGL on, OpenCL off, but any other combination doesn’t make any difference.

Please test Menu/Help/Restart in Safe Mode, to discard an profile issue.

I have the same issue, and neither changing OpenGL/OpenCL settings, nor running LibreOffice in safe mode, nor running it without existing profile (=> having renamed the respective folder) improves it, as far as I can see.
LibreOffice version: 5.4.1.2 (= identical to original question)
It seems like it’s getting slower with an increasing number of data (in my case: lines) in the respective table (of the same document). Example: Very slow with ~ 16000 lines.

Checked with new version 5.4.2.2, but seems to be unchanged.

I can confirm this. On Windows 10 x64 on both my work desktop (an old dog) and my home desktop (an absolute beast), version 5.4.2.2 Calc is so slow and laggy that it is unusable and toggling OpenGL or OpenCL or hardware rendering does not seem to solve the issue. Uninstalling 5.4.2.2 and installing 5.3.6.1 did not fix the problem, at first, but I realised that OpenGL was still toggled off. With OpenGL toggled on, 5.3.6.1 is smooth again. Still a bit slow, but usable.

Regarding scrolling, 5.3.7.2 is much better than 5.4.1.2 (which I mentioned above) and 5.3.6.1 (which I used according to Xharlie’s comment above in the meanwhile).
What’s still much slower than in the past is filtering on tables like the one I mentioned above (~ 16000 lines). Actually, after having selected one or multiple filter values for a single column from the autofilter and choosing “OK”, LibreOffice is busy and seems to never return. Does anybody else experience this, too?

Version 5.4.7.2 - just updated to it - it is excruciatingly slow in write… What can be done to speed it up?
I have OpenGL switched off

i solved here calc suddenly runs very slowly