Split screens? Help?

I don’t have the page icons in the lower right corner but my screens are still split??

If you want to compare two different sheets then you probably want to untick View > Split Window and instead click Window > New Window you can then see two different sheets (or different views of same sheet) of the same file side-by-side or vertically.

Menu View - Status Bar could help?

I’m trying to open a document/spreadsheet in LibreOffice BUT there are all sorts of lines and what should be one page to print --it’s split into two pages (or more) and I cannot figure how to get it to one page!!!

Martha

First, I’ve been using LibreOffice for years and never had a problem but now there are dotted lines all over the place and the space I want on one page landscape–prints to the dotted line and the rest is on the next page–this is a spreadsheet. There are so many options that I’ve never needed before. I cannot even fine Menu View - Status bar??

Martha

So you have more than can be printed on a single page?

Here are two options depending on how you like to work. First, is the page in landscape as you want it? If no, the click Format > Page style. Select the tab Page and set Landscape.

Using Print Preview

• Click File > Print Preview (Ctrl+Shift+O)
  • Drag the slider towards – , away from + until everything fits on the page

Using Page Break view

• Click View > Page break . The screen will change to show just the print range cells. Dotted lines show where the page breaks occur. Drag the inner lines to the outer edge to include everything in the one page.
  • Click View > Normal to return to normal view

The Calc Guide, free download from English documentation | LibreOffice Documentation - LibreOffice User Guides has more help.

Alternatively, there is the method shown in the answer to Fit entire sheet on one page for Calc

Menu Sheet - Delete Page Break.

1 Like

How do I eliminate the dotted lines (appear to provide page breaks) on a spreadsheet?

Martha

I’m not able to decide exactly what @mlb436 is seeing, but no one has yet mentioned just clearing the print ranges. I don’t want to insult anyone’s intelligence, but it is worth making sure that all print ranges are cleared with Format>Print ranges>Clear.

Interestingly, the option under Format>print ranges>Clear the clear was not high lighted and could not be selected.
What I’m seeing on a spreadsheet are vertical and horizonal dotted lines seemingly defining print ranges. The horizonal line makes what should fit on one landscape page on two pages. What I want to print is not big enough to catch the other dotted lines…I just want to remove the dotted lines. I have used LibreOffice for years with no issues so this is totally new. I’ve seen many offered solutions for the problem but none of them work or I cannot find where within the many options they are located. I had hoped for a simple on/off switch but I cannot find it !! I’ve no idea how it got turned on all of a sudden…
Thank you for your suggestion–I’m just sorry it didn’t work.

Martha

The dotted lines are only hints at where pages will break. If you don’t want to see the hints:

• Menu item Tools - Options
  • In the left pane select branch LibreOffice Calc - View
  • In the Visual aids section, untick Page breaks

Yes, that removes the dotted line but it still defines the page break and I get two pages instead of one…

Martha

@mlb436, you are aware of Format>Page style>Sheet (tab)>Scale (section)>Scaling mode, right? It just sounds like a font change or change in the way LO handles a font metric–or some other change–has widened your page so that LO is now splitting the pages. Selecting scaling mode to one page wide/high will shrink the printout a tiny bit to compensate.

What is the page size? Letter, A4? It has page header or footer?
I think that it would be useful to share a copy of the file (changing all private content by non-private content), so we are not guessing what is wrong.