Stability in 24.2.6.2 included with my clean install of Ubuntu 24.04.1

After many, many years of highly stable releases, I’m experiencing regular crashes with 24.2.6.2.
The 24.8.1 release sound great - but I couldn’t find any references in the LibreOffice 24.8.1 release notes about fixing the stability issue.
Are people aware of this/is something being done?

First steps to take before submitting a bug

PS: I have been running LibreOffice 24.8.1 for two weeks now without any problems.

Version: 24.8.1.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 87fa9aec1a63e70835390b81c40bb8993f1d4ff6
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10 X86_64 (10.0 build 19045); UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL threaded

Generally, our release notes aren’t about bugfixing - we fix hundreds of bugs, and they would be overwhelming for the notes.

And despite your personal experience of many years of high stability, many others don’t share it; it could be your personal luck of using a specific subset of functionality that wasn’t affected over this time, got broken at some point, then fixed routinely … something normal in the project, nothing to see here :smiley:

Thank you for your helpful comments, Mike. I now think that it is not LibreOffice, but more likely Ubuntu 24.04.1 might be the root cause. Even the Files app is crashing, but because LibreOffice was crashing more often, I thought perhaps that there might have been a stability issue there! Luckily the VMs running under my QEMU/KVM are rock solid (DAT Linux and Debian12).