Standard (Single mode) toolbar missing

Hi, I have been using for a while the Standard (Single mode) toolbar ‘floating’ because I use it quite often and for speed I keep it close to the text where I am writing. Unfortunately after the last opening of LO this floating toolbar is nowhere to be seen.
I tried just about everything like selecting and unselecting it from the menu and even tried installing older versions of LO to see if I can recuperate it but no go, it has totally disappeared.
Tab+Alt does not show off screen either (I use 5 monitors).
I opened various LO documents and the toolbar does not appear on any of them.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Chris

Repeatedly pressing F6 switches the focus and circles through the following objects:

• menu bar,
  • every toolbar from top to bottom and from left to right,
  • every free window from left to right,
  • document

Source: Shortcuts (LibreOffice Accessibility)

When do you reach (guess it) the hidden toolbar, press Ctrl+Shift+F10 to dock it. Also can try with the context menu key to Dock Toolbar.

Thank you for your response LeroyG. Unfortuantely the missing toolbar did not appear pressing the F6 key. Some parts of the program window did hi-light but that’s all.

Chris

Update: The sidebar has a Properties tab which has all the commands I am looking for and it can be undocked. It’s rather larger than the previous un docked toolbar but it can work.

You might have to try Ctrl+Shift+Fn+F10 if your F keys are normally mapped to spurious user settings.

1 Like

The missing toolbar will not appear pressing F6, but F6 will switch the focus on it (although you can’t see it).
Press F6 repeatedly, and count how many times it take to return the focus on the menu (File), then press F6 n-1 times, then Ctrl+Shift+F10.

3 Likes

That worked!! Thanks very much!

This is very likely the result of a user profile corruption. The steps to fix this are described in LibreOffice user profile - The Document Foundation Wiki.