Stretched image repeating throughout doc

I want to insert a .png into the first page a LO Writer version 7.6.7.2 running on Windows 10. (It’s for an ebook cover.)

I want the image to fit the whole page.

I clicked Page Style-Area-Image-Stretched. It looks great but the image repeats on every page throughout the doc.

I tried inserting a different type of page break but it’s still repeating. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any advice. Thanks also for your excellent product.

Please, reopen your question to improve it. To do so, click on below it, then on the “pencil” icon.

What are you trying to do? Insert the image into a single page? Or have the image repeated link a header or footer?

Manipulating the page style results in the image being repeated on every page (of this style).

If you only want the image on a single page, Insert>Image (or paste it) and attach it to a relevant paragraph (so that the image follows the paragraph when you edit the document).

In any circumstance, don’t anchor your image To page. This mode is very special and is not what you expect.

For better advice, mention OS name, LO version and save format.

Inserting a full-page image on the first page of a document

Thank you for your help, but Page 8 will be my first page. I plan to export as PDF. Would it perhaps be simpler just to merge the image as PDF and the output doc or is there an easy LO fix?

Describe as precisely as possible what you want, like:

• first page: cover
  • pages 2-7: TOC
  • pages 8+: novel contents; numbering start from 1

Once we have a sketch, it is easy to implement it.