Suddenly all documents are tiny!

Don’t know what happened, but suddenly while using Writer everything became tiny.

Cannot figure out how to get out of this. I’ve tried to follow examples for editing styles, but text in the documents are so tiny I cannot enter anything readable. I even uninstalled Writer, then reinstalled, hoping to restore it to some default state, but same issue.

How can I do a clean reinstall without it importing old settings?

Not at all, since settings are independently stored from installation files in your LibreOffice User Profile. You would need to reset your LibreOffice user profile via Help -> Restart in Safe Mode and to select the proper action

[o] Reset to factory settings

and using its option

[x] Reset entire user profile

1 Like

Small Writer page on screen

2 Likes

When I do this, I get this error:

Error loading BASIC of document file:///C:/Users/tadco/AppData/Roaming/LibreOffice/4/user/basic/Standard/script.xlb/:
General Error.
General input/output error.

Now whenever I open the program, I am blocked by the same error.

No matter what I try, here is what my documents look like:

Document.odt (422.4 KB)

What are you doing when you do this?
Changing the zoom slider at the bottom right from 25% to 100% or doing something else?
Zoom25percent

You might like to look at Whenever I open any document I get an error message. How do get this corrected?
Or reset your user profile as Opaque suggests

1 Like

Did you read the link already given by @robleyd at all?

Yes, I followed those directions, but now I see the problem.

Somehow I was unaware of the zoom slider.

I changed it, and everything looks good.

So the problem all along was my failure to notice the zoom slider.

But somehow in all my noodling with the program, now when I open a document I get this error, even after uninstalling and reinstalling:

“Error loading BASIC of document file:///C:/Users/tadco/AppData/Roaming/LibreOffice/4/user/basic/Standard/script.xlb/:
General Error.
General input/output error.”

Happens every time. I have no idea what I screwed up now.

So you should reset your user profile