Texmath does not install under 7.2.6

Add Extension(s):
C:\Users\Klaus\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu39245uf1sr.tmp_\TexMaths-0-v2.49.oxt does not exist.

What steps, exactly, did you take before the quoted message appeared?
To what folder did you actually download the installer (if to any)?
I would prefer to download .oxt and other installers to a dedicated folder tree outside of the AppData\Roaming folder. Generally I would suggest to download first, and install second, not rying to combine the steps.

Maybe there is a bad item in the file: C:\Users\Klaus\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages.pmap
There are always two lines for the extension in this file, so if there are two lines for the extension TexMaths, do backup of this file (or do backup of all user profile) and delete these two lines and restart LibreOffice.
Or you can try to reset all your user profile.

1 Like

hello
that is what I did
used the extension installer in libre office and pointed it to the .oxt file in a local folder on my machine (where I keep copies of all my open source installations)

all the best
klaus

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies and email disclaimer published on our website at UCT email disclaimer | University of Cape Town or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.

hello

“Maybe there is a bad item in the file: C:\Users\Klaus\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages.pmap
There are always two lines for the extension in this file, so if there are two lines for the extension TexMaths, do backup of this file and delete these two lines and restart LibreOffice.”

This works. I removed texmath from “uno_packages.pmap”
then it all works.
Seems that any extension not installed but that appears in this file “uno_packages.pmap” will deliver the same error message. Worth remembering.

Thinking back I encountered a libre-office crash when working in “calc” and this broke the latex extension (I was not using the extension at the time). I was unable to put it back.

1. I then did a “repair” to the office installation. That did not work.
  2. I then removed an older version (7.0.5) using the “remove” option as opposed to “repair” and installed the new stable version 7.2.6. That did not fix the problem either.
    I did everything as suggested by the installers. Surely these actions should have sorted out this rather minor problem!!!
    Maybe there us a option (flag) that needs to be set to fix these wrong (not updated) files.

thank you so much
all the best
klaus

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies and email disclaimer published on our website at UCT email disclaimer | University of Cape Town or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.

Only small reminder. 2nd deleted line from the file uno_packages.pmap is the name of subdirectory …/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/2ndLineSubdirectory, so don’t forget to delete this unneeded subdirectory, to keep clean your User profile :-).

Some errors around incorrect handling of URLs in Python-based extensions (so not applicable to TexMath, which uses Basic) were fixed in tdf#150982. Generally, a reproducing scenario is needed in such cases, so a bug report with detailed configuration, specific OXT files (with exact names), etc., and then there’s a chance to fix it once and for all.

I simply copy the installation file into the indicated path, then install by adding the file in the new path.

For your case, try to copy TexMaths-0-v2.49.oxt into folder C:\Users\Klaus\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\lu39245uf1sr.tmp_\ .

This method works fine for me on Ubuntu 20.04 and LibreOffice version 7.4 when facing similar problem.