.TEXT file conversion

Hi All

I got below error when working with .TEXT extension file.

LibreOfficeConverter could not be found.

You tagged your question base. This means you are working with the database frontend component Base, i.e. you’re trying to build a database from a text file (this is doable but we need more info on your ultimate goal).

If you’re not concerned with DB, please change your tag to the component you are using: writer to convert a plain text file into a formatted document, calc to make it a standard spreadsheet, impress to convert it to a presentation. I don’t think you mean draw because converting plain text into drawing is not that common.

For better help, describe what is inside your text file and explain what you want to do with it.

Try changing the .text file name extension to .csv !

Hi sykandrews

Thanks a lot for your help, I upgrade LibreOffice in my system from 4.2 to latest.
I am want to understand whether this error is only coming in latest version or this extension itself an unsupported one in all LibreOffice version.

If you are trying to convert a file using Libreoffice>file>wizard>document converter then the file must be an excel, word, or powerpoint/publisher file. If it is a .text file extension, that is not supported. However, the text file may be a csv file (a type of text file). To check this, change the file.text to file.csv. Then try opening the file.csv with Libreoffice calc. If it is a csv, calc will open an import dialog. Follow the dialog to import the csv into calc, then save the new calc spreadsheet as file.ods to any directory where you can find it! Now, the text/csv file has been successfully converted to a Libreoffice calc file! Open your Libreoffice base file, then open file.ods in calc. Select the columns of the sheet you wish to import to base, and copy. Select the base tables menu and then paste the copied sheet! Give table an appropriate name and follow the new table dialog in base.

Hi Andrews
Good day!
Thanks for your detailed comments, I tried to convert .text from older version of Libre office it worked but in newer version it is throwing this error. I am trying to find a the reason for this, it .text not supported by newer version then I will do code change.