the quickstarter is completely missing

@Lupp: correction: the apt-* suite only deals with the repo management and instructing wget with downloading the correct packages. It’s dpkg which installs the downloaded DEBs.

I know I used a .deb, but indirectly. A lot of what you said made me think that you are using Linux, but trying to do things the Windows way (very common for noobs). Win and Linux both have problems, but for different reasons. The reason I made an abrupt switch to Linux, is because Windows is spyware of the worst kind, and M$ a selfish oligarchy! Their “abUser agreement” shits on the constitution of the U.S.A. Having to use a terminal once in a while is no comparison, and has become easy.

You don’t need the Quickstarter. You add Office to your Panel and you you give to startup with starting your device.
Quite simple.
It works fine with the Mac, with Windows and Linux anyways.

Don’t shoot the messenger. I realise the topic has become quite heated. I am a user, not a developer, but I no longer use the Quickstarter on my systems or those I install for other people.

We are told the original benefits we originally may have obtained from the Quickstarter have been replaced by improvements in the LibO startup time and resources used. Avoiding the “Quickstarter” also helps reduce any conflicts between the .config/libreoffice files being triggered on system startup before it is actually used. I attach a brief extract from the LibO 5.4 release notes below. LibO 5.4 is now available.

LibreOffice 5.4: Release Notes

Feature removal / deprecation

General
• The Linux Quickstarter is deprecated and will be removed in the next release.

QuickStart was removed from LibreOffice for Linux. Too bad. I’m back to OpenOffice because of that. QuickStart still works fine on OpenOffice.

No QuickStarter setting on my Linux, but apparently LibreOffice becomes quick starting on its own after initially loading it. Reloads almost instantly every time during the same Linux session.

The Linux Quickstarter was removed in LO 6.1.