This site needs a more prominent "Mark As Answer" function

@Ratslinger I didn’t take offense. To me, it was merely a question of whether that was the correct action to take in this case or not.

Now I’m really left wondering whether the questioner I linked to upvoted because he didn’t understand my instructions or never returned to take any action at all. In other words, misunderstanding or lethargy? Who knows? But it goes to the subject of this whole discussion.

@LibertyBelle Been working this forum for a few years now. My experience is only about 50% respond at all. Many don’t bother marking an answer no matter what you do. And for the past 5 months we have the added detriment of no email being sent for anything. If they don’t sign back in or look at the answer again they never know you left the comment.

Fixed it for you.

@anon87010807 Thank you!

Guys, these postings here are mostly all in vein I think. No one is listening.

Rather, your comments and suggestions should be directed to the guy who created this website software that we use, here: Questions - My site

Please move your suggestions there.

But prepare yourself: I think you’ll find that site even more unfriendly than this one. And you’ll be starting over with just one karma point.

I’m still awaiting moderation over a week later for my first post there asking for another issue here to be fixed.

I think there may come a time to fork the work there and take it over so we can better adjust it to our needs.