Title Bar Keeps Disappearing in Writer and Calc (and probably the others, too)

System: Windows 11
Libre Office ver: 24.2.5.2

For the last 3 or 4 updates, I keep encountering a problem where the title bar disappears and the LibreOffice doesn’t open up full screen. So I don’t see the document name, or have the minimize, maximize and close buttons on the top left of the LibreOffice window. Without the title bar, I can’t make it open to full screen! Please don’t say “drag the corner arrow” because that doesn’t solve the problem. I have searched and cannot find a 100% fix for this issue. It is very annoying, PLEASE PLEASE HELP! This is driving me insane.

Please test in safe mode, Menu/Help/Restart in Safe Mode

Thank you.

On 8/5/2024 1:52 PM, Miguel Ángel via Ask LibreOffice wrote:

Does not help, I see the menu, but cannot move anything also not with arrows. Weird.
Also safe mode???How?

ahhh, yeaaahhhh, could move it and see the bar again. Thank you.

It is a Windows issue.

1. Select the window in the taskbar or with Alt+Tab
  2. Press Alt+Space to open the menu for the window position. You might not be able to see it so press M for move.
    1. Use the arrow keys to bring the window completely into view
    2. Press Enter when window is completely in view.

You might have to do this for other windows.

In Windows OS, the last window closed determines the position of the first window opened; the second to last closed determines the position of the second window opened, etc.

Thank you, I’ll try that the next time this happens. I do see how Alt+Space opens up the Min/Max/Close buttons.