TOC of a document exported to EPUB

I set the TOC of my document to show all paragraphs with “Heading 1” and “heading 2” styles applied (with the latter nicely nested). This is exactly what I wanted. But, when I export the document to EPUB, the TOC of the resulting EPUB document lists only “Heading 1” entries. How can I also have “Heading 2” appear in the EPUB TOC? Thank you.

Hello,

this seems to be bug tdf#114164 EPUB Export: Headings Levels other than Heading 1 are omitted in Outline, which is not fixed as of today.

Therefore the answer to your question “How can I also have “Heading 2” appear in the EPUB TOC” sadly is: Not at all.

At this time, there is no solution that is strictly within the LibreOffice program. Here is how I solved the issue], granted that others might have different needs. Creating an Epub file with a clickable TOC using Libreoffice and Google Docs

1 Like

Wich can be summarized without external link as: load the .odt in Google-Docs, then “select File, Download, Epub publication.”

1 Like

Seems like self promotion of user’s own website, given the link has been posted in several spots.

I don’t mind, as it can be useful to readers, but as links can break I prefer to integrate the information - especially in easy cases.