Transparency/color of frames changes in all frames of impress

Hello!

I would like to be able to put different frames on texts in different slides that have distinct transparency percentages/colors but every time I change one all of them change along the presentation. How is that possible?

Thank you in advance

How is that possible?

Text boxes-P

Well, it is so that the text boxes given by Impress belong to the presentation style “Outline x”.
I call them here Text boxes-P.
So if you change the background color of the area in Outline style, all these Text boxes-P will change.
You can reach the styles via the sidebar, menu View>Styles ( F11 ).

What is not so much desired in Writer, for example, can be used here. Namely the direct formatting.
Right-click on such a Text box-P and choose “Area” from the context menu.
In the “Area” dialog select the “Color” tab and choose a color and OK.
If you also want to switch on transparency, edit the background color and transparency via the sidebar at “Area”.
The direct formatting virtually overwrites the defaults of the style overrides.
You can cancel the direct formatting in the menu Format>Delete Direct Formatting ( Ctrl+Shift+M ).

This way you can specify different background colors and transparency settings for the Text boxes-P.

Text boxes-S

An alternative option are the text boxes you can add from the “Standard” toolbar ( F2 ).
I call them here Text boxes-S.
Here you have the possibility to create your own drawing styles for the background and transparency.
Right-click on the drawing style “Standard” and choose New.
In the Drawing styles dialog enter a name, change the background color in the “Area” tab and possibly the transparency (in the named tab).
Select the desired Text box-S and double-click on the new drawing style.
Your Text box-S will adopt the background color you have selected.

Example:

75488 HB Transparency-color of frames.odp (22,0 KB)

See also:
Bullets in Impress

1 Like

With me:

Version: 7.3.1.3 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: a69ca51ded25f3eefd52d7bf9a5fad8c90b87951
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL