Typing in middle rather than bottom of page in Writer

When I type a long document in LibreOffice Writer the new text is displayed at the bottom of the screen, which makes me tilt my head lower than is comfortable for long periods of time. Is there a way to configure Writer to scroll down so that I’m typing closer to the middle of the page? I can manually scroll down if I add a bunch of extra blank lines at the end of the document, but it’s annoying to have to continually scroll as I type.

Excuse me for digressing a bit :blush:

Computer desk (Wikipedia)

I have the middle of my screen positioned where I look straight ahead, it’s just that the screen is tall and it’s not comfortable to stare at the bottom edge for hours.

I can manually scroll down if I add a bunch of extra blank lines at the end of the document, but it’s annoying to have to continually scroll as I type.

Alternatively, you can press the “Page down” key.

1 Like

I shrank the window to the top half of the screen, but it would be nice if there was a way to do it in Writer.

This is what I’d suggest for the entry window. I thought you could open a second window with maximum size as a display window to have a “wider” view on your text. Unfortunately there is no way to synchronise both views so that the larger window scrolls with insertion point movement in the typing window.

Another approach is to position your screen higher. Of course, if you type on a laptop, you can’t do this. I’m using a desktop and have mounted my screens on a rail so that I can tune their height for my comfort.

1 Like