Unable to edit field info after saving new table

@Ratslinger
To answer your question about the upgrade I did, I followed directions I found at http://hsqldb.org/web/openoffice.html. (I know it refers to OO in the URL, but it was also stated that this content applies to LO as well.) It basically involved installing a new extension and replacing the hsqldb.jar file with one from a newer version of hsqldb. When I did this, I could verify I had a newer version by viewing the Options for the HsqlDBembeddedOOo extension. Before following this procedure, the HsqlDB driver version shown was 1.8. Afterwards, the version shown was 2.5.

Some of the instructions lacked some detail, so it’s entirely possible I screwed something up. I would think uninstalling everything and reinstalling LO would have undone anything I did with the previous installation, but who knows what gets left behind when you uninstall a software app.

I will do your user profile test tomorrow and let you know the result.

@twodawgs

Now it appears this is the source of the problem. You installed an extension which creates this split file. Reloading LO or installing a new version will not change this. Resetting the user profile should fix it but probably is not necessary.

From any LO menu, select Tools->Extension Manager...

Then in the dialog, click on the extension you installed and then click on the Remove button. Close the dialog and try creating a new Base embedded file. Should work without the extra directories created.

@twodawgs

Also, back to the original question, editing the table with this extension is not possible through the graphic interface. You would need to do this with SQL. The User manual of the database you are using has that information.

Of course you can keep what you have installed.

Here is a method I have used: [Wizard] Create a new ‘split’ HSQL 2.x database

Do not use this with LO v7.2.0.4 as noted previously is will be a problem.

@Ratslinger THANK YOU. Problem solved.

And thank you especially for taking time to help me fix a problem caused by my own ignorance without throwing me under a bus! :grin: