Unable to replicate highlight color

Previously when I highlighted (left click+drag) and highlighted something that was highlighted in LibreOffice Writer (using Character Highlighting Color) with a custom color, I could click up on the highlight and the color used would appear as a ‘recent’ color. It now no longer does that which makes it impossible to select the custom color I want and then apply it to new text.

This functionality IS working with text using custom colors at the moment.

This is in 7.6.5.2 on Windows 11.

This works for me without any problems.

Version: 24.2.2.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: d56cc158d8a96260b836f100ef4b4ef25d6f1a01
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL threaded

Try:

First steps

Using the color brush corresponds to direct formatting and is not recommended.

The better way is to create and use appropriate drawing templates.

Character Styles in Writer

Works for me:

Version: 7.6.5.2 (x86) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 38d5f62f85355c192ef5f1dd47c5c0c0c6d6598b
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1 Service Pack 1 Build 7601; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: es-MX (es_MX); UI: es-ES
Calc: threaded

Whats it made me think? A corruption of the user profile.

Workarounds:

• Select the Custom Color button, and copy the hex code from there.
  • Clone Formatting.

What colour is displayed in the Character Highlighting Colour icon if not the the last selected one?
Is the document in .odt format or .docx (limited to 16 highlight colours)?

If you use custom colours frequently, you might like to create a custom palette so the custom colours are always accessible by choosing the appropriate palette, see Videos/Create color palette - The Document Foundation Wiki

Nothing is selected as of the last few weeks. Before that it was always the last one that I had highlighted. (I would highlight the background color I wanted, then click on the drop down and it would be the selected color, I’d choose it and then it would be in the highlight at the top).

The Character Styles has worked for me… I’m not sure if I’m in love or hate with it, but it does seem to be working. I’ve used LibreOffice since OpenOffice was no longer a thing and I never was aware of its functionality.

Great. That is the most stable way to set colours and character attributes

Have you choosen another color palette?
imagen

No, typically the palette is standard… but the color is NOT on the palette (it is a custom color).

I also just realized that for some reason that Character Styles do NOT save across documents, which is a huge issue.