Unresponsive after attempting to save/export

My LibreOffice fresh install is making the program unresponsive whenever I attempt to save or export my file as pdf. This was literally the first file I was trying to work on. I attempted to save it on odt. I have LibreOffice installed on another computer that doesn’t have this issue.

Version: 24.2.3.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 420(Build:2)
CPU threads: 16; OS: Linux 6.9; UI render: default; VCL: kf6 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: en-CA (en_CA.UTF-8); UI: en-US
24.2.3-3
Calc: threaded

Kernel: 6.9.1-arch1-2
DE: Plasma 6.0.4 [KF5 ] [Qt ] (x11)
WM: KWin
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D (16) @ 5.0GHz
GPU: AMD ATI Raphael
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Memory: 30.54 GiB

I installed the arch package from pacman. Is there a way to check logs so I can figure out what’s causing the issue? I attempting disabling OpenCL/OpenGL as suggested on the Arch Wiki but got the same behavior.

Thank you in advance!

I have recently upgraded to Plasma 6 on a Manjaro Linux laptop. I see, perhaps something similar, occasionally, when I save a LO document. That window becomes unresponsive. Other LO windows continue working properly. I had never seen this problem with Plasma 5.

Does your other computer also use Plasma 6, or is it Plasma 5?

Regards
Stephen Meatheringham
Canberra, Australia.

Mmmh … You should look first for another potential reason. My laptop has been upgraded to Fedora 40 (KDE Plasma desktop based on Qt 6) and I don’t experience responsiveness issues. This may perhaps be related to the GPU. My laptop is Radeon while my desktop is nVidia (and there I have BIG problems with Wayland).

I am currently using Plasma 6.

local or network drive ?

also try in Safe Mode

Local! Already tried safe mode, same behavior.

Is there some sort of compatibility mode or something you could try? Like on Windows 10, there’s a “Troubleshoot Compatibility” if you right click on the program.

The suggestion in this post (LibreOffice Writer 24.2.3.2 freeze with kf6 - Help - KDE Discuss) on the KDE forums appears to work for me.

Hi!

I just wanted to give an update.

After upgrading my system and getting the new version this issue isn’t happening anymore.

Version: 24.2.4.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 420(Build:2)
CPU threads: 16; OS: Linux 6.9; UI render: default; VCL: kf6 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: en-CA (en_CA.UTF-8); UI: en-US
24.2.4-1
Calc: threaded

I appreciate all the replies!