URGENT! Page numbering bug with 4.2 update.

I recently updated to 4.2 for Mac OSX. I have a brief that I was in the middle of working on that has peculiar requirements for page numbering. There must be no number on the first page, little i’s on the beginning pages, and regular numbering after that. I had that formatted correctly using page styles in 4.1. When I updated to 4.2 my regular numbering randomly restarted at page 1 in the middle of my document. The page style appears the same as on the previous page and there does not appear to be any reason why the page numbering would have reset.

I have to get the brief to the printer by tomorrow and I would really rather not number it by hand. Does anyone have a solution?

Wouldn’t the easiest quick solution be to reinstall 4.1 to print it and examine the issue (maybe bug?) later?

Refer the step-by-step guide here for creating this type of page numbering sequence.

I recently updated to 4.2 for Mac OSX. I have a brief that I was in the middle of working on that has peculiar requirements for page numbering.

As an aside, it is generally good practice to avoid any kind of update when working to a deadline.

I’ve got this working on Windows. I’ve got separate page styles for the cover (called “Default Style” that specifies no numbering), for the next pages called “Prelude” with roman numbering, and for the rest called “Content” with Arabic numbering.

Are you saying that this doesn’t work ?

Sorry, I know that I’m too late for your deadline :frowning:

Please use the provided First Page page style for the first page. This page style is specifically designed for this purpose and does not contain any header / footer. It is also defined with a Next Style of Default Style page style.