User Interface (UI) - some windows not scaling (Preferred user interface dialog)

Some LibreOffice user interface windows do not seem to scale correctly and instead present text with scroll bars that shouldn’t require them. See the text below the preview in the image below of the Select Your Preferred User Interface dialog box.

Version: 24.2.3.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 433d9c2ded56988e8a90e6b2e771ee4e6a5ab2ba
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-AU (en_AU); UI: en-GB
Calc: CL threaded

It looks like you have set Windows Start Menu > Settings > Accessibility > Text size to over 200% so the text needs scroll bars. The User Interface dialogue is not adjustable like, say the Options dialogue.

You could

• create a bug report, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki
  • Reduce text size to say 180% and use the on screen magnifier, Windows Start Menu > Settings > Accessibility > Magnifier
  • Use a larger monitor and scale to say 175% in Windows Start Menu > Settings > System Display > scale, then increase the text size to 180%

Windows 10 Start/Settings/System/Display/Scale and Layout was set to 175% but this problem occurs on any setting above 150%. This shouldn’t be the case however since everything is scaled by a percentage it shouldn’t affect the final display (because everything is scaled equally).

Using the on screen magnifier is not a solution as it makes workflow cumbersome and inefficient compared to every other app I use not requiring this workaround.

I’ve tried your suggested settings for scale and text size and it doesn’t work for this problem, and creates issues elsewhere.

I have submitted a bug report here: 161581 – Some dialog windows not scaling to contents