User profile problem

Hi everyone,

I have a problem since upgrading to macOS sequoia, the chinese character text is messed up in forms and documents -it doesn’t affect printing/pdf though.

When I start in safe mode, the problem disappears and characters are always rendered correctly.

I assigned “user-old” to the previous profile and restarted, but as soon as I leave safe mode, the same problem occurs. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Is it a bug I should report?

Thanks in advance for your help!

It sounds like you made a backup of the corrupted user profile rather than changed to a new user profile. Please see this page on user profile, LibreOffice user profile - The Document Foundation Wiki

Just to be clear, it was working fine until you upgraded MacOS; then it stopped working? Nothing else changed?

I don’t know how things work on MacOS but the first thing I’d check is the font substitute table in LibreOffice; and or whether the fonts you’re using are installed correctly and available in LibreOffice. Does this happen with new documents as well as existing ones?

I tried to reset the user profile but it didn’t help…

I have tried all settings according to what you said, but the problem remains the same. Besides, when I open Libreoffice, sometimes the character are displayed correctly (around 20% of the time), and sometimes not.
That’s really weird.

Can you paste here the information from the Help/About information button?

Also, what format is your document in, and can you upload an example here?

Does this happen with the same document, or different documents? Also what format are these documents in? Some file types embed fonts within the file which may be why some display correctly and some don’t.

Hi,

Version: 24.8.1.2 (AARCH64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 87fa9aec1a63e70835390b81c40bb8993f1d4ff6
CPU threads: 8; OS: macOS 15.1; UI render: Skia/Metal; VCL: osx
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

it happens in the same document, it’s just a base forms that displays the content from a SQL table. The document is an .odb file. It has been working fine for ages until the macOS beta.

It’s just totally random, sometimes it will display the characters correctly, sometimes not. But printing or exporting to pdf works.

I have the same problem with all documents that are imported from the SQL, including a .ods sheet.