Web hyperlinks not preserved after export to PDF

In Calc I have a web hyperlink with URL ‘www.7-zip.org’. When I Ctrl-click on it (in the .ods file), I arrive straight at the desired website. After converting to PDF (File - PDF …) however when I hoover over the hyperlink it shows ‘file:///C:/…’.
This problem does not occur in Writer.
LO version is 7.6.2.1

1 Like

In Calc, click on the hyperlink and press Ctrl+K. What is the hyperlink address, not the text? Modify the hyperlink if needed

Ctrl+K shows the hyperlink address ‘https://www.7-zip.org/’.
I did some extra tests: I normaly ‘Export as PDF…’, using the option ‘Whole sheet export’ (under Structure). When I do not select this option, then the hyperlinks in the PDF are OK !

Please upload an ODF type sample file (and a PDF, too).

Opend issue 157780 – Calc: Web hyperlinks not preserved after export to PDF

1 Like

Hi all,

I am meeting the same problem.

When using Calc to convert excel files to pdf files with the “whole sheet export” option enabled, the hyperlinks in the result pdf are incorrect.

Is it possible to achieve these 2 objectives:
1 correct hyperlinks
2 each sheet in the excel mapped to one page in the pdf
without using the “whole sheet export” feature?

Did anybody find a solution or a workaround?

Thanks a lot. @Zizi64 @EarnestAl @cwolan @steve @FranDries

• In Format > Page style > Sheet select Shrink print range(s) to width/height and set width and height to 1 page. OR Shrink print range(s) on number of pages to 1
  • Click File > Export as > Export as pdf. Do not tick Whole sheet export
  • OK

Each sheet should be exported as a single page in the pdf.

1 Like

Raised a new question ↑ related to this one, please help to take a look if you could, thanks.

@Zizi64 @cwolan @EarnestAl @steve @FranDries

Cannot reproduce with 7.6.2.1 on macOS 13.6. An exported PDF from Calc results in a clickable link in the exported PDF.

Can you share a screenshot of calc showing the Hyperlink dialog for the cell in question and another screenshot of the export options you see when selecting File > Export as PDF ….

I found out that the problem only occurs when the PDF Export option ‘Whole sheet export’ is selected. Otherwise are the hyperlinks in the PDF OK.
Hereby the requested info:

1. Sample file Whole_sheet_export.ods
  2. PDF file Whole_sheet_export.pdf
  3. Screenshot hyperlink dialog
  4. Screenshot PDF Options
    Whole_sheet_export.ods (9.0 KB)
    Whole_sheet_export.pdf (18.3 KB)

I was not able to upload the hyperlink dialog (‘Sorry, new users can only put one embedded media item in a post.’), but you can find the information in the .ods file.

Reproducible on Windows 11 with LibreOffice 7.6.2.1

The “Whole Sheet Export” setting was introduced in version 6.4
link: LibreOffice 6.4: Release Notes - The Document Foundation Wiki

I see the same result in 6.4.0.1 and 6.4.1.1

Great work finding what triggers the issue. @FranDries could you file a new issue about this and once created add your sample document and exported pdf? I did a brief search but did not find a report that matched this.

this code can be a work around if you are using jod converter or uno:

it could be improved later