What are find and replace shortcuts on Mac M1?

Hi,
I am looking for find and replace keyboard shortcuts (find all, find previous, find next, replace, replace all). I remember having used them in the past, but cannot find neither documentation nor help topics, nor answered questions.

Version: 7.5.7.1 (AARCH64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 47eb0cf7efbacdee9b19ae25d6752381ede23126
CPU threads: 8; OS: Mac OS X 14.0; UI render: default; VCL: osx
Locale: en-US (en.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Bit late to the party, but only just seen your question😁

Would I be correct in assuming that you don’t want to use the Find & Replace dialog?

@iplaw67 you aren’t late for the party at all.

I am fine with using the Find & Replace dialog (even if it is often too bulky and I wish it would reduce itself after I’ve set it to what I want, but this is another matter), I would just like to be able to perform all actions referring to buttons with shortcuts especially Find previous, next, Replace, (if it existed I would also use a Replace in current selection too).

The only way I know is to use the underlined letter(s) as hotkey - for Windows together with Alt-Key.
In the following thread is a picture of the dialogue from Linux, where you should try v for previous and x for next. I’d guess MacOS will have its own way with this…

edit: but it seems there are no letters highlighted on MacOS, so maybe the feature is missing - see picture in

A possibillity is “full keyboard access” but this may not provide shortcuts…

So maybe you need to create your own:

The first thing that comes to mind for me would be to assign your own shortcuts via the LO keyboard shortcut configuration dialog, using the UNO functions for each item, e.g. from:

https://api.libreoffice.org/docs/idl/ref/interfacecom_1_1sun_1_1star_1_1uno_1_1XInterface.html

I don’t think that you can assign a shortcut which is already predefined by macOS. Unfortunately, LO won’t tell you if this is the case, and will either fail silently when executing the shortcut, or else macOS will do its thing and leave you wondering wtf just happened (if anything at all).

Whilst things have got better with regard to keyboard shortcuts in LO on macOS, there are still a number of known (and probably as yet unknown) bugs. For an overview of the known ones, see here:

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=98259

Hi @Wanderer thank you. I am trying to implement this function but it does not work so far. Meanwhile I’ve filed an enhancement request

Hi @iplaw67 thank you. I am not familiar with UNO functions (I can add shortcuts from within Libreoffice all right), is there some tutorial?

Meanwhile I’ve filed an enhancement request

I can’t think of one off hand, but there might be some documentation out there with a bit of trawling. I tend to search for OpenOffice stuff as well, simply because it has been around much longer and pretty much the same problems have cropped up there too over time.