When resizing a Writer document I get white gaps on many pages. How do I get rid of these?

It happens most often after tabbing for a new paragraph. I can find no way to eliminate the gaps. Makes my work look very shoddy. Can you help?

No, we can’t as is.

Read these guidelines and edit your question to provide more useful information. Try to attach a screenshot (there is a paperclip icon for that in the toolbar when you edit your question – it is not possible to attach a picture to a comment).

Be as descriptive as possible, remembering we can’t see your screen. Don’t forget your OS and LO version.

Why are you tabbing for a new paragraph? You should just press Enter. A lot of tabs will leave a lot of white space. Normally, an Enter after a lot of empty tabs will delete those empty tabs (tools > Autocorrect > Autocorrect Options... > Options > Delete spaces and tabs at beginning and end of paragraph )

I suggest clicking View > Formatting Marks and deleting unnecessary tabs and spaces. Use paragraph styles to give desired spacing between paragraphs. Avoid using page breaks if you want the text to flow.