When using Record, Deleted text disappearing instead of Red-Lining, Please help!

Hi , Please help…I am new to this program and on top of it constantly crashing, it is no longer showing the text I am deleting with a red line through it, even though Record is on and it worked yesterday. Can someone please assist me in this. I am under a dead-line and have now spent 2 hours trying to fix and research the issue to no avail.

Thank you in advance.

Try:

First steps

Alternatively:

Please complete your question.
The help on this page is mainly provided by users like you.

Your question and the corresponding description should be as detailed as possible.
Please remember that no one can look over your shoulder
when you ask your question and describe it.

In order to be able to help you, we need to know your operating system and
the LibreOffice version (four-digit, e.g. 7.4.5.1).
Please also state the file type in which you have saved your file.

All important information about your initial question should be present in
the initial question box, otherwise
edit and complete it., to do it.

Please do not use answers (solutions) or comments for this.

If you have already fulfilled some of these requirements, so much the better. Thanks.

Please upload a reduced and anonymized file here with this issue,
so that someone can examine it.

Here you can find the further
References for this page.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

OK thank you. I am completely new to your software. Very late last night I uninstalled the latest version and reinstalled the previous version and the redlining has returned.

The most recent version kept crashing anyway, so hopefully all is taken care of now.

Thank you for your guidance. I appreciate it and will submit more complete questions in the future.

Welcome!

This problem cannot be helped without more information. Please read @Hrbrgr’s comment carefully and follow its instructions. Perhaps this problem can be dealt with quickly.
But this problem:

most likely due to the fact that you inadvertently deactivated the menu item Edit - Track Changes - Show

2 Likes

OK. Thank you.