When will the program-code of Libre Office allow preview of ODT-1.2-files in Windows (File-)Explorer Preview Pane without having (newest) MS Word installed?

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66923

To read the i#107602 correctly, you should first read its title and initial description: they say “Implement ODF document preview for Windows Explorer”, “The current explorer extensions … do not support the preview of ODF documents within the Windows Explorer preview window”. That’s from 2009, and say about 3.1 (see OpenOffice.org - Wikipedia).

Then, comments 1 and 2 confirm it, and comment 3 says that v.3.2 doesn’t have it also. Comment 5 (from a user) says about existing preview, but comment 6 clarifies that it only has preview if MSO is installed. Comment 10 (form 2016) confirm the absence of the preview, and note that it’s OOo/AOO Bugzilla, and not LO, so no ODF 1.2 there.Comment 11 further clarifies that this is with Win10!

In comment 13, orcmid (one of project leads) misunderstands the problem, saying about thumbnail preview that works since 3.2, but comment 14 clarifies things for him (which he accepts in comment 15), but he says that there’s no possibility to add this yet not existing feature. Comment 14 says also, that 2 computers without MSO only shows thumbnail preview!

In he meanwhile, comment 12 offers a file to “fix” the preview of ODF 1.2 (which confuses orcmid). Later, in comment 16, this is explained that the problem is that MSO 2007-2010 preview is unable to show such files, and that it’s because MSO preview stops as soon as it sees “1.2” in the manifest. So, the “fix” to allow old MSO preview to show such files is to put 1.1 into the ODF files, so it is not a OOo/AOO/LO preview!

Sorry to have to teach you reading.

If you have a working preview “before installing MSO 2007”, then that must be some other software (not OOo/AOO/LO) that offers that preview. OOo/AOO/LO don’t and didn’t provide this functionality. Never. Ever. This is all that to be said about that. No code inside that makes that happen. If you see something different, then you have another SW that makes that, so again: NOT OOo/AOO/LO.

Okay, so all that is actually missing, would be a LO- or AOO- standalone preview-handler for ODF-1.0/1.1 and 1.2-files? In the meanwhile I tried to implement the microsoft windows preview-handler for txt-files using regedit-tool (following a workaround found on the net), but that produced a preview of command-speech oft the odt-1.2-files in WExplorer Preview Pane. Thx for Your effort to help me! (I am no native english-speaker).

PS: Perhaps the correct word above instead of “command-speech” would be “machine-speech”, what I saw from ODT-1.2-files in WExplorer Preview Pane having in the Windows-registry implemented TXT-file-preview-handler from MS Windows for ODT-files.

Add folder to windows indexing and that is it

… and this does not address the question in any way.