Why are text boxes disappearing? (SOLVED--See link)

(Link in comment or SOLUTION: Keep text boxes on the same page as the paragraph they are anchored to)

(SOLUTION II: Since Harold blocked anyone that might have known how to submit bugs whom had better knowledge of LibreOffice, do it yourself, https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=LibreOffice;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;version=?

I’m guessing this is a bug… Not sure how to submit those.

I kept having trouble with a text box going invisible when I clicked elsewhere on the page.

I copied another box, then pasted the text from the other box in, and it shows up.
Then, I move the box around, and it disappears when I place it in random spots on the page. It shows up in other random spots on the page.

OK, not totally random… Mostly when it is wrapped by a particular paragraph. And occasionally another paragraph. (Trouble getting it to reproduce there again) – I don’t see what characters or formatting caused it.

Ok, Now, without changing a thing no matter where I put it, its started working. I moved it up a page, and it started working when covering that paragraph. Then, moving it back to the next page, I can no longer reproduce it.

It is Anchored to a paragraph.
If its a known “feature” it would be great to know. If its a bug, I’d love to submit it in case it happens again.

Either way, this should be out there in case someone searches for it… I may have just answered their question on how to fix.

Version: 6.2.4.2 (x64)
Build ID: 2412653d852ce75f65fbfa83fb7e7b669a126d64
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: CL

answer resolved here:

The bot might need reworking. The “arguments” helped solve the issue of text boxes disappearing!

Subjective, working through the problem. By the end, fully able to resolve by going down the “subjective” list of attempts to repeat and solve the issue!

Will now be reporting the issue as a bug!
If a real person was allowed to see this, they could have already progressed down the road of resolution.

Thank you

Harrold, Closing this topic, does that mean you submitted this bug?

@pmheart6 I opened your question again so you do not have to be sad. I understand your effort you have made. Thank you.

You describe an error that will disappear after further explanation. It makes no sense to run after any mistakes that no longer exist. And it will not help anyone else.

In order to be able to investigate a mistake, it must be concrete and comprehensible. If the error occurs again, you can register it on Bugzilla.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

PS: Please avoid excessive use of special characters, such as “?” and “!”. Thank you.