Why user defined function do not work when using labels instead of cell names

2: result of an arithmetic operation involving a range is a scalar, with intersection used to obtain operands. That scalar result is passed to the user function, unlike when you pass there the range itself.

8: there was no my! sample (esp. having RANDBETWEEN) neither in the AskLibO question, nor in the bug. The one that had RANDBETWEEN was from Wolfgang Jäger, aka @Lupp. But why did I ask, I should already get used to your “I will write anything without an effort to express myself clear” style.

Hello,

I can see, that a big discussion arose. Please can you point me to some doc / tutorial / wiki, where I can learn more about bacis language used in Libre Office.I fount just a few quick reference “cheatsheets”, but I would like to know more about data types in basic and thier mapping to Calcs objects.
I tried to use something like:
function Vol(a as double , b as double, c as double)
too make Calc to pass arguments as scalars, but apparently this in not the way how it works.

Now I see, that I should check whether passed arguments are scalars or variants, but I do not how to check it, and how to work with variants.

Is there some more advanced tutorial for Calc and it’s cooperation with basic available ?
Is there some wiki for LibreOffice basic ?

@Matvej:

I don’t think there’s much beyond Andrew Pitonyak’s great book. A bug that I filed long ago, and that I referenced above, gave me the knowledge that there’s no way (at least till today) to pass Basic functions argument types to Calc, so that it could make better decision what to pass to the function. Currently I take the knowledge about internals from reading the code and debugging.

To detect if an argument is an array, use IsArray. Use LBound/UBound to check the array dimensions’ sizes.

@Mike2,
2 : ok, i’d try to express that in ‘my words’, but - i hope - i understood it right,
8 : once again you’re right, sorry for having overseen this, i don’t like your ‘tone’, but i like when you are right and i can learn from it,
thanks, b.

@newbie-02: I suppose I must apologize now. I feel constantly trolled by you (personally) since the very beginning, when you kept declaring everything I write wrong…; and somehow I started to get offended by, like, everything you write. But that is obviously wrong from my side, and - I apologize. Sorry for my tone.

@Mike2: no problem, and no apologies necessary, LO is not so easy, and it is difficult to switch between a user’s point of view and that of a developer, the first of whom wants to have a program that is easy to understand and functions correctly, and the second of whom has to deal with many constraints of the compiler, hardware, libraries, compatibility with Ex$el, etc. … i just represent the view of a user, with limited knowledge, and you are quite harshly the one programmer who is gradually annoyed by stupid questions and suggestions from users … nevertheless, I think that our ‘arguing’ has helped LO to improve in some little points, and to shed some light … to support the progress of LO it is important to build bridges between the different points of view, to this end we should not throw dirt but try to understand the other side … just like you are annoyed by stupid questions ever again i’m astonished how many problems have been passed on unresolved for how many years …